KIMCHI MUNG BEAN PANCAKES
Gluten Free, High in Protein, Low in Calories
makes 6 pancakes
These savoury pancakes make an excellent snack or meal and freeze extremely well. So double (or triple) up on the recipe and save some for later. You won't regret it!
1 cup Skinned mung beans
1/4 cup Sweet rice
3/4 cup Water
2 1/2 cup Mung bean sprouts
1 cup Ripe SAN korean napa cabbage kimchi, chopped
1/2 cup Ground pork (optional)
1 large Egg
4 Green onions, chopped
2 Garlic, minced
2 tsp Sesame oil
1/2 Tbsp Fine sea salt
1/2 tsp Ground black pepper
vegetable oil for frying
1/4 cup Soy sauce
2 Tbsp Vinegar
1 Tbsp Maple syrup (optional, John’s variation : )
1. In a large bowl mix skinned mung beans and sweet rice. Wash.
Cover mixture with water and soak for 8 hours or overnight. Drain.
2. Make dipping sauce by combining soy sauce, vinegar (maybe maple syrup) in a small bowl.
Set aside so you can have ready to enjoy when pancakes are hot.
3. Combine mung beans, sweet rice and 3/4 cup water into a food processor and blend till it is creamy (1-2 min)
Transfer to a large mixing bowl.
4. Add remaining ingredients: kimchi, mung bean sprouts, pork, egg, green onions, garlic, sesame oil, salt, black pepper. Mix well.
5. Heat a skillet on medium high heat.
Add approx 1-2 tablespoon of vegetable oil per pancake
6. Add 1 cup of batter to pan and spread to make a 6” pancake.
7. Cook until the underside is a golden brown and crunchy, approx 2-3 minutes. Gently flip over and cook second side for another 2 minutes till golden brown. Make sure both sides are crunchy and the center is cooked through especially if you are including pork.
8. Serve hot with dipping sauce. Enjoy!!Click here to edit text